Chester L. Anderson originally founded the company in 1932. It was known as theÂ ChesterÂ L.Â AndersonÂ COmpany. They primarily sold steel windows, custom hollow metal overhead doors, New Castle Products (ModernfoldÂ®) accordion doors, incinerators and revolving doors.
In 1955 Roger S. Woodman started working for the Chester L. Anderson Co. and purchased it in 1961. The name was officially changed to Claco Supply, Inc. The same lines of products were sold plus the addition of toilet partitions, skylights, trash compactors and visual display products.
In the late 1970's Claco Supply took on KalwallÂ®Â Translucent Panel Systems. It has been very popular with Architects and owners. Also, Claco has taken on the duties of being a subcontractor for many large skylight and folding door jobs.
In 1990 Mr. Woodman retired and Keith Showell became the General Manager of the company. Mr. Showell has been with Claco full time since 1977 and became the owner in 1991.
Claco Supply was acquired by SGH/Redglaze on October 1, 2018. Mr. Showell retired but continues on as a consultant